Are you experiencing severe hair loss? Are your family member also affected by the same? Have you any genetic history for the same? If your all answer is in yes, it means you are affected by the pattern baldness and genetically predisposed to the issue. Hair transplant in USA is a popular option, but due to cost hike, it is not very peculiar among Indian masses. Nowadays, it has been a record in the hair restoration world that most of the hair restoration surgeries are done in India rather than choosing any international option.
Thus, it has a prime aspect in the treatment world that you are choosing the right decision and the destination to receive the surgical treatment.
Most of us believed that hair loss is just an environmental caused effect, but there are a number of lists that causes hair loss and we must aware of those factors.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Finding 90-100 hairs daily doesn’t come under serious concern as it is a part of the normal hair growth cycle. But, when you received more than 100 hair strands daily while combing or taking the shower it meant you are experiencing the hair loss problem, either the reason would be hereditary or conditional and you need to receive an initial consultation with your expert surgeon or Doctor.
The Genetic factor for Causing Hair Loss is Androgenic alopecia
- Androgenic alopecia: This is the most common hereditary cause of hair loss affects both men and women. Around 60% of men and 30% of women get affected by the Androgenic alopecia as a combined effect of genes and hormone. It has been researched out that the male sex hormone Androgen when combined with the enzyme known as 5-alpha-reductase, produces DHT or Di-hydro Testosterone as a catalytic effect causes severe hair loss issue. The Androgenic alopecia issue of hair loss is measured on the Norwood scale describes the extent of loss in terms of the grading, which has 7 categories. The only permanent solution to deal with the issue of pattern baldness is the hair restoration/transplantation procedure
Autoimmune Disorder for causing Hair loss is Alopecia areata
- Allopecia areata: When the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles or cells associated with the hair roots a severe case of hair loss gets present, which is scientifically known as the Alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder in which hair loss presents in the form of patches or coin-shaped circular white spots that can spread all over the areas where hair growth is experienced. However, the case of Alopecia areata is not just limited to the scalp areas and affects the all-over body parts where hair growth occurs. The medications are advisable for the hair loss patients under the extreme supervision of the dermatologists or the hair restoration surgeon. It affects both men and women and a scalp biopsy is performed by the surgeon when the symptoms are seen with the patchy hair loss. Generally, the hair transplant procedure is not recommended for the Alopecia areata patients as it doesn’t get success due to loss of immunity strength of the body, which has a prime role in the success of any surgical procedure. Generally, the surgical procedure requires healing time and effect that are provided by the body’s immune system, but when it gets failure no chance of success of the procedure can be speculated. Thus, only medications are allowed to cure spot baldness.
Stress Caused Hair Loss or Telogen Effluvium
- Telogen effluvium: Stress has a huge impact on a hair loss problem that disturbs the normal hair growth cycle. When a patient experiences a trauma, either associated with emotional or physical, it disrupts the hair growth cycle and patients find that there would be an early entry of hair roots into Telogen stage or resting phase. The early entry of hair follicles into the resting phase causes severe hair loss/fall meant every day the patient will find more than 100 hair strands while combing or taking shower. Therefore, it is needed to consult with your hair loss doctor to get the best treatment measure at the right time.
What Hair restoration procedures are Available?
The technical methods are employed to perform the surgical restoration of hair solves the baldness permanently. The technical restoration of hair has three categories known as the FUT or the strip method of the surgery, FUE as well as the combined method of FUT+FUE hair transplant.
Thanks to innovative techniques and tools that made it easily available to perform the hair restoration surgery with the utmost natural effect and beauty.
Following are the types of Hair Restoration procedures available in the Restoration Fraternity:
- The FUT or the strip Method: The FUT or the strip method of the surgery is an old-aged technique that requires incision and suture. Firstly, the longitudinal incision is made on the occipital and parietal part of the scalp to excise the strip of the skin. The strip contains a number of hair follicles/grafts that are dissected from the follicular units. Hereafter, the grafts are precisely dissected under higher magnifications and then implanted into the needed areas wherever baldness occurs. Later, the fissuring part is closed by the modern method of closure, scientifically known as the Trichophytic closure.
- The FUE Hair Transplant: The FUE or the follicular unit extraction is performed by using the motorized or manual punching that is also targeted from the rear sides of the scalp. Every single graft is extracted via individual punching that made the procedure a lengthy application in the restoration world. However, it is recommended only when a patient is affected by a lesser grade of baldness such as NW-I, II, or III.
- The Combined Method of FUT+FUE: The combined technique of FUT+FUE is a dual concern in the surgery that is employed when a patient is affected by relatively a bigger grade of baldness. Only a skilled and experienced surgeon having both the technique’s expertise is recommended for the FUT+FUE or Giga/Mega session of hair transplants. In the first-half FUT is performed to obtain the maximum possible number of grafts, i.e., 4000-4200 grafts and on the second-half FUE technique is performed by which a surgeon gets able to receive 2500-3000 hair roots/grafts in just a single day. However, a maximum number of grafts can be received with the combined technique of hair implantation.
In summary, hair transplantation is a secure way to restore natural hair with an instinctive effect because the patient’s own scalps’ hair is used for the transplantation. Thus, there is not even a single reason for experiencing side effects or discomfort, if the procedure is performed by the expert surgeon.