You can find out if your skin is congested or not by touching it. If it feels soft and smooth, then it is good, but if it seems rough, it is possibly dehydrated and thereby congested. Not only the skin that has pimples but the skin without any visible issues may also have skin congestion. The common stages in life that can lead to congested skin are the teenage years and menopause. The congested skin is most of the time felt on the chest, back, shoulders, and also the face. Here you will know what congestion is and the solutions to get rid of it. We recommend you read this article on congested skin by The Skin Care Clinic.
The word congestion describes the types of skin that is clogged with pores. The pores are the blackheads or the whiteheads that create bumps and oiliness in the skin. Blackheads are the issues that are close to the surface of the skin; that is why they appear black. The whiteheads are difficult to treat because it is deeper in the surface.
Overall the causes of these skin issues are due to imbalance in the hormones. However, some people have to deal with these problems for a long time compared to others. This is because of the following reasons.
- Excess of oil and sebum on the skin
- The production of dead cells because of cells turnover
- The pollution in the environment
- The release of toxins from the body through the sweat
- Due to makeup and use of unsuitable skin care products
- No proper cleaning habits
- Toxins such as petrochemicals, SLS and other harmful substances
The effective treatments to get rid of congested skin
The treatments to rid of congested skin are different than the pimple treatments. We have to focus on changing the PH level of the skin, keeping the skin hydrated, heightening skin immunity, fuel cell turnover, and to keep it well cleansed without harming the surface layers of it. These are the steps to follow for the congested skin by The Skin Care Clinic.
The harsh scrubs and cleansers can cause the inflammation of the skin, so here are some methods you can follow to cure congested skin.
- Taking care of internal health
- Taking care of skin means eating healthy food that is high on protein. Reduce the intake of carbs and sugar. Minimize the consumption of processed food.
- If you feel stressed, handle it by getting good sleep and try regular exercises for hydrating the skin. Take time to do the things you love.
- Drink two liters of water a day to flush the toxins away.
- Keep the skin clean
- Wash the face and your hair frequently. Change the pillow covers and wear breathable cotton clothes.
- For sensitive skin types, take care of the washing liquid or powder you use for clothes.
- Check the skincare products you use for your skin.
- Keep the hands clean, and do not touch your face all the time.
- Skin care routine
- Wash the face two times a day
- Perform a non-drying enzyme exfoliation treatment for the skin two times a week.
- Protect the skin from harmful rays of the sun.
These are the tips offered for congested skin by The Skin Care Clinic. Follow all the tips for a month and then observe the improvement in your skin. The results will surely impress you.